Wisdom teeth refer to the four hindmost molars that usually appear between the age of 17 and 21. These teeth are generally affected by lack of space, which leads to stunted growth. With Medisave claims on wisdom teeth, an individual can get the teeth extracted for a more healthy lifestyle.
When do you need Wisdom teeth treatment?
Extraction of wisdom teeth is advisable if a person is affected by the following;
- Stunt growth of Wisdom Teeth, which leaves your teeth prone to bacterial infection leading to unnecessary pain and fever or even swelling along your jaws.
- Overgrowing Wisdom Teeth which may damage other teeth if there is insufficient space.
- A cyst which may infect teeth roots and other tissues or bones
The extraction of the wisdom teeth at any Singaporean medical center can be paid for using the Medisave scheme.
What is MediSave
Medisave is a Singaporean medical aid scheme. Singaporeans load their MediSave accounts with funds beforehand to ensure that they have a seamless medical service provider if need be. We will outline some of the services that are dental as the article progresses.
Eligibility for MediSave Dental Services
If you find yourself in one of the situations mentioned earlier with your wisdom teeth, you may be forced to visit your dental services clinic. If you are to make use of the Medisave account services, the following prerequisites have to be met first.
- Singaporean citizenship or registered permanent residence in the country
- Your Medisave account is fully funded to cover the necessary incurring dental bills
- For non-account holders or those with minimal funds in their accounts, you can make use of your immediate relatives’ Medisave accounts who can fund your bills for you.
Procedures in Using Medisave For Dental Services
Medisave claims on wisdom teeth include the following dental service:
- Wisdom teeth surgery
- Dental implant and Biopsy
- Jaw and Cysts surgery
- Bone and gum grafting
Cost of using Medisave
The amount that you can claim for your dental surgery varies with dental procedures. For the extraction and treatment of wisdom teeth, the price generally starts at $600, but it varies with different medical institutions and the type of surgery to be contacted. You can claim as little as $250 and as much as $2850. Each operation has a code and fixed predetermined amount that the account holder can request at any given moment.
Claiming Medisave for your Dental Surgery
The dental care service you need to visit to have your wisdom teeth treated would be informed first, that you are going to use your Medisave claim when paying your medical bills
The approval of the application to use Medisave depends on the available funds in your Medisave Account. To claim it, you fill and sign the Authorisation form, and this is only done by the owner of the account or the patient. This will give the institution the authority to claim the money from your Medisave. Once the payment is made, they will send you a Claims statement to show you the following details;
- The medical institution involved in the claim,
- Details of the patient being treated
- The amount used to pay for your dental care.
The dental care service provider will undertake to
- Report the bill incurred to you,
- Confirm the account holder before deducting money,
- Tell you the funds deducted
- Tell you of any outstanding bills
FAQS for Dental MediSave services
Can Medisave be used for a simple wisdom tooth extraction?
Medisave can only be used when surgery is involved. If the extraction requires surgery, then it can be used.
What amount will Medisave pay for my dental bills?
The surgical process that will be undertaken will determine the amount that will be deducted. Your dentist will advise you on the amount of money you can claim once the operation is done.
If your wisdom tooth is troubling you, your available funds in your Medisave account can be used to pay for all your dental care. You can use the funds in your Medisave account for yourself and your next of kin, who are your family members.