The deadline for entries for the Great Citizen Kane Debate was last night at midnight. We’re so pleased with the response our call for posts received! The quality of the arguments presented by these bloggers is impressive, and has already made for some excellent, informative, and entertaining reading.
The esteemed contributors are:
- Andreas from Pussy Goes Grrr: “Yes We Kane!”
- Jill from Sittin’ on a Backyard Fence: “Wait a minute, there’s no cane in Citizen Kane!”
- Christianne from Krell Laboratories: “It Can’t Be Love, For There is No True Love”
- Lindsay from Lindsay’s Movie Musings: “The Great Kane Debate”
- thingy from Pondering Life: “It’s Like a White Castle Burger, A Mystery”
- David from FilmClassics: “Citizen Kane–To Love or to Hate”
- Mythical Monkey of A Mythical Monkey Writes @ the Movies: “Citizen Kane: Best Ever?”
- Rachel from The Girl with the White Parasol: “Citizen Kane Takes the Stand”
- Karen from shadowsandsatin: “True Classics Presents: The Great Citizen Kane Debate”
- Natalie from In the Mood: “Citizen Kane (1941) From My Point of View”
- Kevyn Knox from The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World: “In Defense of Citizen Kane“
- Dr. Film from Dr. Film: “The Fame of Kane”
- Ryan from The Matinee: “Poor Little Rich Boy (Citizen Kane vs. The Social Network)”
- Angela from The Hollywood Revue: “My Conflicted Relationship with Citizen Kane“
[Note: if we’ve somehow left your entry off this list, please let us know ASAP!!]
We hope you’ll take some time to travel around and visit all of these bloggers and even add your voice to the debate by commenting on their posts!
We’ll be judging the entries over the next two weeks, and the winners will be announced here on November 30th!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to write a post and also to everyone who helped promote this event on their blogs and Twitter feeds over the past month!