True Classics been tapped for a “Stylish Blogger Award” by no less than three of our absolutely favorite film bloggers: the lovely Carley over at The Kitty Packard Pictorial; Kendra, the brilliant mind behind Viv and Larry; and the insightful Marya over at Cinema Fanatic. Thank you very much, ladies! And if you’re not reading these sites regularly, you’re really missing out (in other words, go visit them now!).
According to the rules of this thing, I have to tell you seven things about us and then tap seven more bloggers for recognition. So here goes …
1) Carrie, Nikki, and I met as undergrads at Mississippi University for Women. We are proud W girls! And I can’t believe our five-year reunion is only a year away.
2) We have very different jobs–Carrie is a therapist, Nikki is a “number-crunching computer geek” (her words, not mine), and I am a freelance writer and editor.
3) When Nikki moves to the Coast this summer (yay!), the three of us will live in the same general vicinity for the first time since college (though I’ll be living about 45 minutes away from the two of them–and across the state line).
4) The last movie the three of us saw together (in the theater) was The King’s Speech over New Year’s weekend. Before that, it was a midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One on opening night. See? We watch modern movies, too!
5) The last classic film we sat down and watched together was Christmas in Connecticut (1945)–also over New Year’s weekend. CUDDLES!!!!!
6) We share a great love for Disney animated films, both past and present. This is likely no surprise if you’ve seen our series of Saturday Morning Cartoons posts over the past six months.
7) Each of us has a personal blog in addition to our blogging here. Nikki blogs about SEC football at SEC Sideline Diva. Carrie blogs about young adult lit at Inklings. And I blog about my writing adventures at Curiouser and Curiouser. However, none of us update those blogs as much as we do True Classics …
Now, as for tagging seven other people with this prize, I see that most of my favorite film bloggers have already received the honor. Besides, I really don’t think I could narrow it down to seven! There are a great number of fantastic bloggers listed in our blogroll, so please check them out and make them a part of your daily reading. 🙂