Follow Nikki on Twitter: @mathchic84
Hello, Classic Movie Lovers!
I am Nikki G., assistant editor of True Classics and a fellow lover of classic films. I grew up watching classic films, particularly Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals, John Wayne Westerns, and all things Disney, many of which are still very dear to my heart. To quote Fauna from Sleeping Beauty, “I just love happy endings,” so I usually prefer films with hope, love, and a lot of laughs.
I don’t think I could list a Top 10 list of all-time favorite films, but here are a few of my favorite things:
- Leading Men: Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Howard Keel, Spencer Tracy, Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Yul Brynner
- Leading Ladies: Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Maureen O’Hara, Shirley MacLaine, Deborah Kerr
- Supporting Actors: Donald O’Connor, Mildred Natwick, Edna May Oliver, Sterling Holloway, Wilfred Hyde-White, Lionel Barrymore, Gloria Grahame
- Disney: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, In Search of the Castaways, Darby O’Gill and the Little People
- Musicals: Singin’ in the Rain; My Fair Lady; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; R&H’s Cinderella; High Society; The Sound of Music; Hello, Dolly!; There’s No Business Like Show Business
- Westerns: McLintock!, Big Jake, Rio Lobo, The Rare Breed
- Dramas: Sabrina, The Swan, Auntie Mame, It’s a Wonderful Life, The Valley of Decision, Casablanca, The Shop Around the Corner
- Comedies: Desk Set, How to Marry a Millionaire, Bringing Up Baby, Adam’s Rib